If you are looking for the steps of how to delete WordPress account, then stick to this article.
To delete WordPress account you also need to know about the types of WordPress accounts.
Get ready to know how to delete WordPress account in a few simple steps.
Types of WordPress accounts.
There are two types of WordPress accounts. They are as follows
- Self Hosted – Accounts which we host on WordPress.org by using our Domain and hosting.
- Hosted on WordPress.com– we host our site on WordPress.com, which is WordPress.com blog
Making a backup of your WordPress.org can be done by using plugins such as Backupbuddy. You can also use Dropbox, they will help you in making a backup of your wordpress.org site.
How to delete WordPress.org Website
We with us for knowing the steps of how to delete WordPress Site.
Follow the steps to delete to WordPress.org Website. You can delete your WordPress site in two ways:
- Site Delete through C panel
- Delete through the Softaculous App Installer.
How to uninstall WordPress from Cpanel
If you have chosen this step way then stick with us and follow the step by step guide.
Step 1 Login To Your Hosting Cpanel Account.
Step – 2: Click On The File Manager Option and select your website which you want to delete ( If you have more than one website on the single hosting.
Step-3: after opening your selected website you will find an option of public_html, open the folder by clicking on it.
Step-4: Select all Files and folder by the command CTRL+A and click the delete button.
Now your WordPress site will be completely deleted.
Under public_html Directory, You Will See A Lot Of WordPress Files And Folders.
Note– You do not have to delete the Main Folder in the case of multiple websites.
If you do then you have to create it again when you install a new WordPress or any other CMS.
Also, see our post on YouTube Video Download Mp3 | You Tube Video Downloader
How to uninstall WordPress through Softaculous App Installer
Steps to uninstall WordPress through Softaculous App Installer are as follows :
Step-1: Login to your Cpanel
Step – 2: Open your Softaculous App Installer.
Here you will see Icons of different scripts, select the WordPress Icon and open it.
Step-3: Select the WordPress site which you wanna delete and click the Cross sign and delete your WordPress account ( WordPress site)
Finally, your WordPress account( site) will be deleted and you will get the notification that your WordPress account has been successfully deleted.
How to delete WordPress.com blog
Export Your Data
Before you delete WordPress.com blog you have to export your data form your site.
- Login to WordPress.com dashboard.
- Go to the tools
- Click on the Export option and export your content to your computer.
Delete your WordPress.com Blog by following these steps:
Step-1: Login to WordPress.com
Step-2: Select the blog which you want to delete,
If you have more than one blog then select the blog by clicking on My site Option
Step-3: Scroll down and click on delete your site permanently.
You will be redirected to the Delete site page.
Here You Will See Many Options Now Scroll Down And Click On Settings Option.
Step-4: Click m Delete site option
By entering your site address you can delete yot site permanently.
How To Remove The WordPress Admin User Account
Sometimes our account gets disclosed within some other users and person. This may happen due to a weak password.
To secure your website you may need to delete your administrator WordPress account.
If you want to delete the WordPress Admin user account then follow the following steps:
- Log in to your WordPress Dashboard
- Click on Add new and set up a new user using a different username
- Give a strong password which you can make by using Random characters, numbers, special characters.
- Assign the user as the administrator.
- After creating the account log out to the WordPress dashboard.
- Again sign in to WordPress dashboard using the new user id and password.
- Now go to the users >All users and select the admin name- You will then see the Delete option.
- Click on delete.
- On the next screen, you will be asked, if you want to assign all the posts that were created by “admin” to another user to choose your new user account and then confirm the deletion.
How to Delete WordPress Blog Site from Bluehost
If you have a wordpress account on Bluehost. Then you can delete your wordpress account from Bluehost by just following these steps:
Step 1- Login to Bluehost and open the Bluehost dashboard.
Step 2- Click on My sites and select the website which you want to delete.
At the top, you will find the option of manage sites, click on manage site.
Step 3- In the new window click on settings. Make sure you confirm the URL of the website which you want to delete.
Step 4- Scroll down, and click on the delete site, if you are confirmed to delete your site.
Now your all files have been deleted permanently and you will get a notification on your screen which will confirm the deletion of your website.
I hope you have got the steps of how to delete WordPress account.
If you have any doubts regarding how to delete WordPress account then tell me in the comments.
If you like our article then subscribe, share and also like our facebook page. You can also follow us on Instagram and Twitter.
Some commonly asked questions regarding how to delete WordPress account.
How do you delete WordPress pages?
- Login to WordPress dashboard
- Go to the pages.
- Select the page which you want to delete.
- Click on trash
How do I completely reset WordPress?
You can do this by deleting the script and by deleting the files in the folder Public_html as mentioned above in the article. How do I delete a WordPress database?
How do I delete a WordPress database?
- Login to cPanel.
- Access My SQL Databases in cPanel
- View MySQL Databases in cPanel
- Click on Delete button and confirm the database deletion