If you have a website or a blog then you definitely know that embedding a video in wordpress how to help you to increase your user engagement and decrease the bounce rate of your blog.
Including a video in your blog or website also help you to get good ad impressions if your website monetized with any ad network such as Adsense.
I think now you got that embed a video in wordpress is very important if it is possible to add a video to your blog post.
If you are looking for the steps of How to embed a video in wordpress, then stick to this article.
How to embed a video in WordPress Blog post?
If you want to embed any video in your blog post then you can do it easily. You need to just copy the embedded URL and pasted it to your blog post.
As in the WordPress editor, there is a special feature that allows you to embed the video by just pasting the embedded URL in your WordPress editor.
After pasting the Embedded URL you can align the video to the Left, Right or to the center.
Some trusted sources for your video embedded codes.
- Speaker Deck
If you wanna use other unmentioned source or site video then you need to copy the HTML code of the video and paste it in the HTML code block.
HTML block is available in the wordpress editor absolutely free. By using it you can embed the video of other sources also.
Also, see our post on YouTube Video Download Mp3 | You Tube Video Downloader.
How to embed a youtube video in wordpress post
Steps to embed a youtube video in wordpress post are as follows:
- Select the relevant video to your blog post on Youtube.
- click on share.
- Then click on embed and
- copy the embedded code
Now you can paste it where you can paste it in your blog post.
You can also set the height and width of the video using your wordpress video editor.
If you are using the old classic wordpress editor then you can’t adjust the size of your video as this feature is only available in the wordpress block editor.
Similarly, you can embed the video of facebook to your blogpost.
How to add video to wordpress homepage
Steps to add video to wordpress homepage are as follows:
- Select the area where you want to add the video.
- Then add a text widget there.
- now, Paste the relevant video code theirs.
- Finally, save the text widget.
By this, you can also add the video on every page and even at the sidebar.
Also, see our post on How To Delete WordPress Account- Step By Step Guide 2019
Why can’t I upload the videos to WordPress?
Most of the wordpress websites and blogs are hosted to shared hosting and other private servers.
Uploading the video to wordpress leads to –
- High usage of the server resources.
- may leads to a decrease in the loading speed of your website.
- It may crash your website when many users come to your website.
To avoid the server usages of your server resources embedding the video can be used.
By embedding the video to your site helps you to save your hosting server usage.
WordPress Video Embed Plugins
There are many plugins that you can use in your wordpress for video embedding.
Some of them are as follows:
1. YouTube Subscribe Bar– By using the plugin you can add a subscriber bar to your embedded video, helps to get views and grow your youtube channel.
By using Youtube subscribe bar plugin for your video also helps you to generate dual income. One from your website and another form your youtube channel.
2. Envira Gallery– If you are looking for some method or ways to create a video Gallery to your wordpress web page then this plugin is for you.
Envira Gallery plugin allows you to create a video gallery o your page as this feature has not provided by the wordpress.
3. Lazy Load for Videos– Some times small things make big differences. Even the small script can affect your website loading time.
When you embed any video from any website some scripts also embedded with them which can affect the loading speed.
So you can use the Lazy Load for Video plugin which loads the video script after playing the video.
It helps to increase the loading speed of your webpage.
4.Easy Video Player- It is a free to use plugin offered by the wordpress.
You can use it to embed any video to your blog post or any page. The easy video player also allows you to make the video theme similar to your blog theme.
It also provide options like autoplay, loop, auto-mute the video.
5. Advanced Responsive Video Embedder – If you are looking at some plugins which make your embedded videos mobile friendly then this may be useful for you.
It provides you to align the video and you can also set the size of the video and customize the video.
6. Embedly– This plugin also provides you to embed the videos form many of the sources which can customize the video.
7. YoutubeR- This is the premium plugin that can be used to make the video galleries on your wordpress website.
You can upload the video from your wordpress dashboard.
We hope you have liked our article on How to embed a video in wordpress.
If you have any queries regarding How to embed a video in wordpress, you can know us in the comments.
If our article gives you some helpful information then share this with your friends.